Humraaz (2002)

No one does god-tier cinema like Mr. Abbas Burmawalla and Mr. Mustan Burmawalla. From Ameesha Patel's fabulous acting (at times more god-tier than the rest of Bollywood put together), to all the #plottwists, this movie comfortably finds a place in the list of movies that are so bad they're genius.

Akshaye Khanna, as always, shines through. He basically does all the acting for everyone involved, notable exception being Johnny Lever (I really related a lot to his asinine character). Bobby Deol was... averagely average. That's the only way I know to describe it. I have already mentioned my views on Ameesha's acting abilities, and honestly, the less said the better.

I was insanely bored in the first half of the movie, but the second half had me HOOKED. Another classic Abbas-Mustan move, tbh. I mean, is it really a movie of theirs if it doesn't require extensive editing?

The soundtrack is a bop, thanks to our lord and saviour HIMESSHH. R & I discovered a new "our song"- the title track. #blessed

Watch this movie, and do include alcohol. I mean, I already feel hungover, but alcohol would have eased some of the pain.

PS- best part of the movie, hands down, was Ameesha celebrating Jojo's death. Will not say anymore, lest we have some spoilers on our hands. But a truly brilliant portrayal of the complexity and intricacies of human emotions. #RajKapoorWho


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)