Missing (2018)

I honestly did not hate this movie as much as most folks on Letterboxd seem to. Manoj Bajpayee and Tabu are one of the most well-matched pairings ever, and considering that it's Bollywood, the thriller wasn't half-bad.

Of course, there were weird loopholes in the movie, and of course, the entire thing falls apart upon 2 minutes of close scrutiny, but let me present to you 2 points that just cannot be ignored in the movie's favour:
1. Tabu and Manoj Bajpayee. Together. On screen. Tabu and Manoj! 2 of my favourites!!
2. SPOILER- Very few on-screen psychopaths have been able to give me goosebumps the way Queen T did in the final scene. Hannibal Lecter who?? SPOILER OVER

Yeah, I realise the uselessness of saying that I'll give 2 points in the movie's favour, and making one of them a spoiler. I would be embarrassed, but I have long since accepted my nature as a perpetual disappointment.

Anyway, the background score is annoying and unnecessary. Wish the editing could have been better in that regard. Also, is it just me, or was Annu Kapoor totally trying to pull a Hercule Poirot there? Probably not. I've just been re-reading my Christies and as always, Poirot has managed to penetrate my subconscious (not that he ever really left).

Watch it, for Tabu and Manoj. And honestly, does a movie have to be good? Is it not enough that it contains 5-star performances from two of the best Indian actors ever (actually, just best actors ever covers it) in an admittedly 2-star script? Is it not?? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)