Adayalam (1991)

I would have enjoyed this movie more had it been better paced- I found it a bit too slow at times, and my attention just wandered off. Shobana in 90s aesthetics kinda made up for it though. But the real star of the fashion department was undoubtedly Mammootty, whose shirts made me feel nostalgic (and also made me laugh).

The story was just fine- the climax had some loopholes, although I'm not entirely sure if they can be called that. Things didn't add up perfectly for me, like they were supposed to, and I just felt hella confused. To be completely honest, the background score conveyed more than the script. There were also a few regressive dialogues and stuff, which again, made me reconsider my resolve to sit through in its entirety. The romance angle was subtle, but sweet, and honestly, had a little more attention been given to that, the movie could have been loads better.

Feeling very meh. Need to watch something spicy next. Probably Raat/Raatri (1991), by none other than Ramu himself. God help me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)