S.P. Parasuram (1994)

Like I had suspected, Sridevi + Chiranjeevi is an elite pairing. Yes, my initial suspicion arose from the 'Abbanee Teeyani Debba' song from Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari (1991), but can you even blame me? That song is so fucking iconic, and yet again, for the millionth time, I am salty that that movie doesn't have English subtitles anywhere. 

Coming back to S.P. Parasuram though- so I technically saw the Hindi dubbed version, Azad Desh Ka Andha Kanoon, which made me realise that one of the biggest sources of comedy in my life has to be the titles of Hindi dubbed versions of Telugu movies. The movie was good enough, for a typical 90s excursion, and is definitely made better because of the Chiru-Sridevi chemistry. They are both just really good actors, and you can't be disappointed if they're there. The songs were fine- my favourite was 'Arintidaka Atta Kodaka'. Oh, and 'Abbabba Ee Poddhu' is a copy of the 'A Aa Ee Oo Oo Oh' song from Raja Babu (1994). #TheMoreYouKnow

That's all I guess. Watch it just to marvel at how much Sridevi can bring to the table. Or don't. I don't make the rules, man, you live your life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)