Parakh (1960)

Thank you Salil Chowdhury, Lata Mangeshkar, and Shailendra, for giving me a new rainy day jam- "O Sajana, Barkha Bahar Aai". It actually rained after I was done watching the movie, and it's these things that make me believe in... something. #justagnosticthings

The best part about this movie is how well it has aged, 60 years on. Of course, a lot of things have changed, but as they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same. That's the best way to describe this movie. A simple plot done cleverly- I think that's Bimal Roy's jam, and I am honestly here for it. I loved the humour, the emotions, how heartwarming the ending was, and most of all, Sadhana being Sadhana, with or without the Sadhana cut. This woman is severely underrated and under-appreciated, and something needs to be done about it.

Next up: Sadhana's debut Love in Simla (1960), because I am nowhere close to having had enough of this woman. #SadhanaSupremacy *heart eyes emoji*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)