Manichitrathazhu (1993)

The more I watch Manichitrathazhu, the more convinced I become that this is one of the best movies to ever come out of India. No remake/derivative will ever come close (that won't stop me from watching Chandramukhi soon, though).

The last thirty minutes of this movie are flawless. No matter how many times I see Shobana's (National award winning) performance here, I will never not be completely in awe of what she does. From the infamous vidamaate scene to her climax dance (special mention here to Sridhar, who is BRILLIANT) to the very last scene, she just does not let you breathe or blink or even think about anything else. I also really appreciated the bromance between Suresh Gopi and Mohanlal, and the romance between Vinaya Prasad and Mohanlal- both very wholesome and cute. The comedy track is legendary and is ageing like fine wine (Canadian Kumar could never). 

Fazil, you genius. You absolute genius. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)