Thaayillamal Naan Illai (1979)

I don't even remember what I was expecting from this movie, but it was definitely not this all-consuming numbness that intensified with every minute of this movie. Since it's a Sridevi-Kamal Haasan movie, I probably had some vague notion of "cinematic magic" (I blame Vazhvey Maayam for this) but it was more like "cinematic tragic" because even their immense watchability couldn't save me from feeling like I was getting dragged through the entire run time of this movie. Everything was so predictable and felt so stale that I lost interest pretty quick, and to top it all off, Sridevi didn't even have adequate screen time for me to grudgingly try and find a saving grace somewhere. I honestly don't have the energy to hate it, because it literally made me feel nothing at all, except that it was way too long for a movie that had so little to say.

I would have talked about the peacock, but like I said, I just don't care anymore. End of "review". 

PS- Rajinikanth's cameo was my favourite part. In some weird way, it made me wake up to his superstardom more than anything else that I have seen him in. Maybe because he's the only person in this movie who made me feel anything at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)