Bazaar (1982)

I have to admit, it took me a bit of effort to get through the first half of the movie, but I am so glad I hung on (as if my closure issues would have let me leave) because the performances in the second half blew my brains out. Honestly speaking, had it not been for the immensely talented cast (especially my mains Farooq Shaikh and Supriya Pathak), the film wouldn't have been this great. 

Another reason why this movie shouldn't be missed is Smita Patil's powerful monologue in the end. That will stay with me for some time, and has also given me enough incentive to finally check more of Smita ma'am's work out. Yes, I am ashamed too that I haven't started appreciating her till now, but 2021 will hopefully change that.

Peep foetus Tabu though. Such a cutie. Her expressions were killing me with their adorability. Also, "Phir Chhidi Raat" is such a beautiful song. It made me cry a little when I heard it later. I said this before, but Farooq and Supriya really have killed it in this movie, and I love them even more now. *cries in hyderabadi accent*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)