Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015)

You know a thriller is good when it manages to give you goosebumps again on the second viewing, but you know it's really good when it somehow replicates the experience of watching it all unfold on the big screen. Rewatching it after six years made me mad all over again that this was not commercially successful, because it deserved so much more. Like a franchise, for example. 

Sushant was amazing, and drew you into his world effortlessly. I have seen that man play so many different kinds of roles over the years, and he never once disappointed. The way he played Byomkesh Bakshy made you feel like he had been playing this role all his life, he was that good. Also the story is well structured, and slowly reveals its cards, but not so slowly that you're not invested enough to try and guess what the big reveal could be. I hope I made sense there, because I am honestly blown away once again by what a delight this movie was. The rest of the cast was good too, especially Neeraj Kabi. 

I don't want to say more, because I might accidentally give away crucial plot points, so I just want to say that go listen to the song 'Jaanam' from this movie because it's one of my favourite songs ever. Also, let the people in your life know that they are loved and appreciated. 

This one was for you, Sushant. I hope you are at peace wherever you are. Love you, and miss you. Forever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)