Badhaai Ho (2018)

This was such a delightful film to watch. I went in with an open mind, but not really expecting much, and I am so happy that it turned out the way that it did. Everyone is really good, but special mention to Neena Gupta and Gajraj Rao, who made the movie lovelier with their beautiful chemistry. Oh, and Surekha Sikri rocked it, but that must always be expected. I love how I started off being thankful that there's no chance my mother can get pregnant again, but ended up longing for a baby to love and care for. And I am usually not very receptive towards the idea of babies, so that's a huge thing, I must clarify. The songs were a bit meh, honestly, but overall, this can easily be categorised as one of the best Hindi films to have come out in the last 5 years. Hopefully the "spiritual sequel" starring Rajkummar Rao and Bhumi Pednekar lives up to the standards set by this one. 

PS- I still can't stop laughing thinking about how hilarious (but not over-the-top) everyone was. I also can't stop thinking about how the last half hour hit so hard, right in the feelz. Sigh. Need more of this, and less of everything else that Bollywood has been coming up with. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)