Kshamichu Ennoru Vakku (1986)

If there's one thing from this movie that's going to stay with me, it's Urvashi GOAT feelings. I didn't even realise it was her till I checked the cast after completing the movie, she was that good. I'm so used to seeing her in comic roles, and here, she did not have a single funny scene. Not that she didn't completely slay it, though- the fact that I'm talking about her 10-minutes long role first in this "review" should be proof enough of that. All hail Urvashi!

Coming to the rest of the movie now- the only phrase that can truly encapsulate it is "hot mess". I mean, on one hand, you have a stellar cast giving it their all, and on the other, a script that is so full of unnecessary things, but still keeps you invested till the end because of ALL the plot twists. I swear, I was changing my mind every 15 minutes about whether I liked this movie or not, because there was a lot to process. However, after the ending, I can definitely say that I liked this movie. It was a decent watch, and I rarely have any complaints to make about the lead cast in general- Geetha is amazing, Mammukka makes it a bit difficult to completely hate his character (a win, where men, especially 80s upper class men, are concerned) and Shobana is softly brilliant as always. 

In conclusion, I love Shobana and I am proud of myself for sticking to her filmography, even after Abhayam Thedi (1986).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem Patra (1962)

Mella Thirandhathu Kadhavu (1986)

Saajan Ki Baahon Mein (1995)