Panchavadi Palam (1984)

I understand that the reason this movie probably went over my head is because I have very little idea about Kerala politics, and just slightly more knowledge of Kerala society- it's very difficult to appreciate satire unless you know something about the topic being satirised. All the same, I can't deny that I was very underwhelmed by this movie, despite being excited for Srividya's, Nedumudi Venu's, and Thilakan's performances. And also by K.G. George's reputation as one of the greatest filmmakers in Malayalam cinema. But I guess I'll have to hold my opinion on him till I watch a few more movies- I think Lekhayude Maranam Oru Flashback, Irakal, Kathakku Pinnil, and Yavanika will be more my speed and taste. Also, if anyone knows where I can watch Adaminte Vaariyellu with subtitles, please let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)