Sarpatta Parambarai (2021)

My only regret with this movie was that I couldn't watch it in one sitting. The way both Kabilan and Arya evolve throughout the movie, the way the movie is shot, the way the women characters are written, the way the supporting cast just kills it in every single scene- it's probably my favourite 2021 movie so far, and I will not stop whining about how it should have been experienced in the theatre. It's also easily one of my favourite sports movies, and I just know it's going to get better with every rewatch. I don't even grudge it its almost 3-hour long runtime, every minute of Pa Ranjith's story was worth it. 

I guess I really don't have much to say, because I am still overwhelmed by the journey Sarpatta Parambarai took me on. I guess I'll have more concrete thoughts once I rewatch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)