Gatham (2020)

Only one meme can sum up my overall reaction for this movie- "they had me in the first half, not gonna lie". I was genuinely very hooked on to what was happening in the first half, but for some reason, I did not vibe with the "explanations" part of it. I don't have any other reason for it except that I just did not like it. And that's about that. But I do feel like it is worth checking out, especially for people who are into thrillers. It feels a little seedy at times, and I wish they had cast someone else for certain roles, but overall, one of the better examples of the genre, at least in the first half which reminded me of RGV's Kaun (1999). Second half, well- I feel like other people were into it more than I was, because I heard/read some good reviews of the movie. Didn't work for me though, which is a pity because I was all ready to be spooked out. Sigh. I feel like it is high time I actually watch Raatri (1992). HOPEFULLY before this year ends. Hmm, maybe I'll watch it on 31st. Anyway, time to end this "review", stay home stay safe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)