Minsara Kanna (1999)

I don't think I will ever get over the sheer absurdity of the film's producers claiming that Parasite (2019) was influenced by this movie. They really thought that theory would fly, huh. Parasite but make it 90s Kollywood. Tchah. Stop being such an embarrazzment saar!

Apart from that though, I actually enjoyed this movie, especially the second half. Yes, we know that my taste is trash and biased in favour of the glorious 90s (the messier, the better), and honestly, I love that for myself. The racism, sexism, and fat-shaming make me cringe, but the over-the-top romance sequences and excellent songs make up for them, kinda sorta. Also, go listen to Un Per Solla immediately!!! It is such a beautiful song, and not even gonna lie, I loved how the entire narrative was lowkey wrapped around it. It's things like these that get to me. 

Vijay romancing his lead actresses in scenic locations, though- an entire movie genre in itself. No one does it like my emotional support dilf, and that's a scientific fact, look it up. 

PS- I saw that Simran was the OG choice for Monica's role, and I wish she had only done it. Monica was fine only, but... Simran ma'am! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aasai (1995)

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Pokiri (2006)