Qarib Qarib Singlle (2017)

And so with this movie, my streak of watching movies that literally blow my mind away comes to an end. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Not that this movie was bad, per se, I just feel that it had a lot of potential that it didn't end up doing justice to. The lead actors did their job pretty well, but it was ultimately the script that was lacking. I could see the "girl getting high and lowkey admitting her true feelings" bit coming from miles away. And again, clichés are not necessarily a bad thing, it depends on what you do with them.

Overall, I'd call this a fun watch. It won't annihilate your brain cells like most of Bollywood, but it won't necessarily change your life either. Watch it for the banter, and of course, the unbelievably GAY scene when Jaya (Parvathy Thirovothu's character) meets Anjali (Neha Dhupia's character) for the first time and loses her shit. Honestly, the gayness pouring there alone makes this movie worth a watch. And not to spoil anything for anyone, but the ending was a big miss for me. Could have done so much better, I think (not that I'm an expert). So yeah, that's pretty much it. Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aasai (1995)

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Pokiri (2006)