Anantaram (1987)

I will not even try to describe this movie, or what it's about. I just want to say that I am amazed by the very fact that it exists, and that it is so rarely discussed.

The lights, and the shadows in this movie. They are as important players here as the actors themselves. And also, the background noises, the background noises of our own lives.

It's on YouTube with English subtitles, so there's literally no reason to not watch it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okM39LQXA-4 .

If I had to, had to, describe the movie, I'd say it's about the loneliness and the confusion of being alive. And that is that.

Also, I can't believe I forgot this, but even though this movie is about Ajayan, the character, it definitely belongs to Shobana, the actress playing the roles of Suma and Nalini. I kind of get why Ajayan lost his mind, honestly. Who wouldn't?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)