Bhoot: Part One- The Haunted Ship (2020)

This one had so much potential- the story was engaging enough till it frustratingly wasn't, and the actors were all good, but for what?

I feel like they tried too hard- they should have either stuck to the standard jump-scare stuff that Hindi cinema is fond of, or invested in a better script to have a truly psychologically horrifying experience. Instead, the movie flails about, attempting to be everything at once, and ending up being just meh. Honestly, they could have even made it into a zombie movie, and that would have been loads better than the half-assed "ghost" story that happens in the last 20 minutes (don't worry, no spoilers).

Also, they completely under-utilised Ashutosh Rana. I mean, this is what he's best at, being parts of projects that haunt you for years afterwards. The more I think about this movie, the more disappointed I get.

Watch it, if you must. Otherwise, watch something else. I have been told that Student of the Year 2 (2019) is pretty terrifying, especially in the context of the future of Bollywood. Jai Hind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem Patra (1962)

Mella Thirandhathu Kadhavu (1986)

Saajan Ki Baahon Mein (1995)