Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011)

I was sceptical of watching this in the year of our lord 2020, because I was afraid of having a #childhoodruined moment on top of everything that this dear year has blessed us with. But boy, was I wrong. Not only was this the #feminism representation I need to see in Bollywood movies, it's also the one of the best "Delhi girl" representations- thanks, Parineeti Chopra. And Ranveer Singh too, of course, but he is someone I was shocked to discover was not from Delhi, so that's about that.

The fashion and overall aesthetics of this movie are very pleasing- I loved all the Lucknow fashion especially, and had the very important realisation that at least once in my life I need to possess a rani-coloured chikankaari outfit. PLEASE.

Speaking of Lucknow, how cute was Saira's (Aditi Sharma) Abbu?? A1 representation of supportive fathers, and also thanks for not going down the "conservative Muslim" rabbit-hole which I was very scared it would. Even Dimple's (Parineeti) dad was on point with the Chadda market style, and their house was a typical Delhi house and it's this attention to details that has made me a fan of this movie for the second time in my life.

Also that intermission scene? Iconic. Back in 2011, my friends and I screamed in the movie hall when Ranveer Singh kinda peaked with this scene (I will not take it back), and it's a nice memory to revisit in these not-so nice times. If nothing else, this lockdown has made me cherish my friends even more, especially the ones I have only recently started talking to again and the ones I talk to very sporadically (both categories, for various reasons, are dominated by school friends)- we really are all in this together, as High School Musical taught us back in the day.

Enough with the sentimental nonsense. *plays Aadat Se Majboor* This reminds me, "Kya karoon oh ladies main hoon aadat se majboor" is one of my favourite lines of all time, and I don't think I have ever lost an opportunity to say it. #proud #noragrets #mememakerheartbreaker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)