Taxi No. 9211 (2006)

Sonali Kulkarni is one of those under-appreciated women in Bollywood who should have appeared in way more movies than she did, and Sameera Reddy, well, she honestly should have appeared in far fewer movies than she did. But Sonali, damn. She was an electrifying presence all the time she was on screen; in every scene of hers, she was probably the most memorable. As for Sameera, no matter how good the scene she appeared in was, she ultimately ended up annoying me, and that feeling just increased as the movie progressed.

Speaking of which, the movie is brilliantly paced- fast enough for that adrenaline rush, yet not so fast that you completely lose your brain trying to keep up. Also, I know it's yet another Bollywood remake of a Hollywood movie, but spare me the superiority complex. I'd take John Abraham (with the iconic long hair!) over human manifestation of a headache Ben Affleck any day. Plus, the songs are all bops, and still fresh after 13 years, and if that's not the sign of a true classic, I don't know what is. I'm scared of giving away spoilers (it's a thriller after all), but I will say this: I'm usually very fidgety while watching movies (even good ones), and this time, I didn't even realise when it was almost one hour! It was quite immersive, and honestly, the insanity of Nana Patekar, the barely-contained rage of John Abraham, and the sweet-but-to-an-extent-ness of Sonali Kulkarni were all just so relatable that I could not help being fully invested.

And now, for the most exciting part! Completely by chance, we decided to watch the movie on the exact same dates it takes place! Yes, we started watching it 6 June, but we started watching it late on 6 June, so technically we also watched it on 7 June, SO IT COUNTS. Of course it counts. Don't @ me.


Okay now I want chocolate cake. You'll get it if you've seen the movie. Bye. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)