Love (1991)

I have honestly never felt as Bolly Trash as I did when I started this movie. It's early 90s Bhai- although, now that I think about it, this was the time when the real Bhai hadn't emerged, and he was still respectable? Well, that didn't last long, did it?

Even here though, it's very easy to make out that Bhai cannot act. Revathi basically does the acting for both of them (if there's one sentence to describe the movie, let this be it). I think I would have enjoyed this movie a lot more, had Bhai not been there. Venkatesh, one of my favourite Telugu actors, was in the original, and I am honestly so salty that there are no subtitles for it. Is there really no justice to be found in this world?

PS- this movie was ahead of its time, thanks to the antibiotic resistance message. I'm right, and I should say it. Also, my obsession with middle-aged actresses just got real, with Revathi's addition to the list. Not that I'm complaining AT ALL. I mean, the woman is memorable in Love, and in small roles in Iruvar and Darna Mana Hai. Can't wait to see Raatri and Mouna Ragam soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)