Alludugaru (1990)

Full offence, but Chiranjeevi should have been cast for Vishnu's role, instead of Mohan "Fasak" Babu. I was so pissed off throughout the movie, literally all because of him. The more I think about it, the more enraged I feel, because it was genuinely a very funny movie. Very sad also I guess, towards the end, but by then I had become too numb to properly respond to what was happening. Also the idea of Shobana falling in love with that man will always be supremely preposterous, and that's on that. 

This was another movie where Ramya ma'am was massively under-utilised- they should have cut Mohan Babu's scenes to make way for ma'am. I am just so furious by the fact that this movie had so much potential, but it all went down the drain. How many men does it take to ruin a movie? Just one, when he's as annoying on screen as Mohan fasakking Babu. Hats off to Chandra Mohan though, for giving so many laughs and managing to engender some tenderness too. The scenery was beautiful, the music was great, Shobana was A1- I should have ideally given this movie 5 stars, but it deserves only 3, all thanks to HIM. Ugh.

Special mention to KRR for abstaining from fruits in this one. Did not need that on top of whatever the fasak was going on with HIM. 

Universe, please let my next Ramya movie be as awesome as TSK. I don't ask for much, just come through this time. I am begging.

PS- In a movie that stars both Shobana and Ramya, which idiot thinks of beginning the movie with a montage of Mohan Babu? Fasak, fasak, fasak. Major fasak. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)