Love in Simla (1960)

I think the best way to describe Love in Simla is to call it an inversion of both Cinderella, and William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Also, even though I hate the term, this movie comes closest to being a "guilty pleasure" for me. I know there's some problematic stuff in it, but goddamnit, it's so fun and I personally love movies where everyone is a bit of a dick. It's so refreshing, and truly representative of real life. So please excuse me while I fangirl over this underrated 60s rom-com.

First and foremost, #SadhanaSupremacy. The range, the fashion, the legends-only behaviour (she is one of the rare women who directed a movie in 70s Bollywood, which also went on to become a box-office hit), she has everything I need to become a life-long simp. Secondly, her chemistry with Joy Mukherjee here is genuinely so good and entertaining, which well, made me overlook all the "problematic" stuff. Plus, this was one of the few times when I didn't begrudge the movie having 10+ songs. All of them fit in so perfectly, and I even started singing along to some of them. Wholesome experience only. 

Even while I was watching it, I knew that I am very likely to go back and rewatch it. It's my kind of film, flaws and all. And of course, my undying love for Sadhana is a major factor too. LOVE YOU QUEEN. Also, now I really wanna go to Shimla. Hehehe. *cries in Sadhana cut*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)