Ninne Pelladatha (1996)

We need a "Tabu, oh Tabu" song like the "Rekha, O Rekha" song from Gunjan Saxena. She shines as Mahalakshmi, making this one of my all-time personal favourite movies of all time. I really can never get enough of it- I jam to the music all the time (every single song is a bop), and I find the comedy and romance tracks as comforting as an excellent cup of coffee served in your favourite mug. So yes, there might be a lot of faults in this movie (which I have focused on in my last "review") but I really don't care at this point. It's an iconic movie that means a lot to me (it was, after all, the very first Telugu movie I ever saw), and that's that. Plus, the whole "Pandu" scene? Sheer perfection. Nagarjuna peaked with that. And Lakshmi? A queen for the ages. Underestimate her at your own risk.

Annapurna Studios and Krishna Vamsi, pls get your act together and give the people what they are craving: a sequel. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)