Perazhagan (2004)

Not gonna lie, I probably would have hated this movie a lot more had it been any pairing other than my OTP Jyo-Suriya. This worked best as a fanfic vehicle for them, and honestly, gave me a LOT of feels, which is precisely what I wanted and needed. Their chemistry is insane and their acting is powerful enough to make you forget the script- it is an overall very fulfilling experience for any Jyo-Suriya stans out there. 

Otherwise, there really isn't much to say. The script is quite blah to say the least- like I said, it's that Jyo-Suriya fire on-screen that saves it. Due credit must also be given to the rest of the cast, who elevate the entire experience. I had to fast forward through a lot of the action sequences though, except the very last one because your gal needed some catharsis. Plus Suriya Anna really is action king, so it was a delight to watch. Also, let me just address how adeptly those two carried off double roles- if I didn't know already, I would have believed that Chinna and Karthik were played by two different people! The make-up and costume people have really done an outstanding job. And Jyo is an acting queen, as she proves with every single movie (please do not think about Mass), but especially here. I can't even put into words how wonderfully she played both characters. Ya gotta see it to believe it. 

I am just so very proud to call myself a Jyo-Suriya stan. Shipping a heterosexual couple can't get better than this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)