Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992)

Are you really watching a '90s movie if you don't wish it was just a little bit shorter? Despite Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman's flaws, and despite me inadvertently zoning out somewhere in the middle, I will still call it a very pleasant experience, mostly because there are few things in the world as adorably wholesome as foetus SRK & Juhi. Their chemistry, both comedic and romantic, is such a delight to watch, which is why I'm more than willing to ignore everything else and just gush about them. And of course, 'Loveria Hua'. It's a shame that we don't celebrate that iconic piece of music enough these days. Society is indeed falling apart at the seams. 

Also, I had completely forgotten that Amrita Singh was here too. I really don't have that much to say about her, except that her role was quite interesting, along with the entire SRK-Amrita arc. Don't want to say more, coz spoilers, but I liked how honest it all felt, in spite of still largely fitting within the mainstream structure of '90s melodrama. That's it, that's all I want to say. And that Aziz Mirza is underrated and it's high time we start including him in discourse. 

PS- Shah Rukh is so cute, it makes my heart hurt. Truly, loveria hua. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem Patra (1962)

Mella Thirandhathu Kadhavu (1986)

Saajan Ki Baahon Mein (1995)