Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992)

Are you really watching a '90s movie if you don't wish it was just a little bit shorter? Despite Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman's flaws, and despite me inadvertently zoning out somewhere in the middle, I will still call it a very pleasant experience, mostly because there are few things in the world as adorably wholesome as foetus SRK & Juhi. Their chemistry, both comedic and romantic, is such a delight to watch, which is why I'm more than willing to ignore everything else and just gush about them. And of course, 'Loveria Hua'. It's a shame that we don't celebrate that iconic piece of music enough these days. Society is indeed falling apart at the seams. 

Also, I had completely forgotten that Amrita Singh was here too. I really don't have that much to say about her, except that her role was quite interesting, along with the entire SRK-Amrita arc. Don't want to say more, coz spoilers, but I liked how honest it all felt, in spite of still largely fitting within the mainstream structure of '90s melodrama. That's it, that's all I want to say. And that Aziz Mirza is underrated and it's high time we start including him in discourse. 

PS- Shah Rukh is so cute, it makes my heart hurt. Truly, loveria hua. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aasai (1995)

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Pokiri (2006)