Jawaani Jaaneman (2020)

Boring. So boring. The only bright spot was Alaya Furniturewala- she seems promising in her debut, and I genuinely hope she picks up better scripts in the future that can explore and polish her skills further. Tabu, as always, was entertaining, but her part was too short to make up for how uninterested in what was happening on screen. The story was weak, predictable and honestly, felt like a rip-off of some Hugh Grant movie from the 90s. And as much as I love 90s cinema, we really need to leave it alone now. 2020 is almost over and I will scream if I have to sit through another new movie that feels stuck in the past for no good reason whatsoever. I say this as though I totally don't have plans to watch the Coolie No. 1 remake (thankfully remake of the Hindi one, not the Telugu one- I will actually scream if the Telugu one gets remade), but what can I say, there really is no limit to hypocrisy. Actually, let me amend that and say there really is no limit to masochism. 

In short, avoid Jawaani Jaaneman. Go watch a vintage Hugh Grant movie instead, although why you would want to do it, I don't know, but hey, who am I to judge after all. You do you, boo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)