Devi Putrudu (2001)

Maybe I'm just a Kodi Ramakrishna fangirl, but this movie did not deserve to flop. Venkatesh is lovely as both Krishna and Balram (subtle) and is entertaining throughout, providing you with a full spectrum of emotions and everything else. The real reason why this movie is a winner though lies in how beautifully it marries fantasy and mass. There were moments when I wished I'd gone to watch this on the big screen, the effect would have been even more fantastic then. 

I was prepared for this to be underwhelming, but thankfully my suspicions were unfounded. Victory V to the rescue, always. Also, something tells me that this movie has great repeat value, so looking forward to that as well. Jai Sri Krishna!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aasai (1995)

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Pokiri (2006)