KGF: Chapter 1 (2018)

A proper mass movie that thankfully pretends to be nothing other than that. I saw a lot of people on social media trolling it by calling it a "2 and a half hours long hero introduction shot", but I honestly don't see what's wrong with that? For once, I wasn't thoroughly bored and frustrated by an action movie, and was invested enough to care about the hero's motivations and think about them once I was done. I also appreciated dialogues like "Congratulations, I love you" because of course I do. The story is also gripping enough to make me want to look forward to the sequel. In other words, I am looking forward to the sequel, and I hope it's even more entertaining than this one.

Long live mass movies! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aasai (1995)

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Pokiri (2006)