The Call (2020)

The first half of this movie was excellent- literally didn't let my attention wander for a second, and kept me super invested and also terrified of what was going to happen next. The second half though, was a huge let-down. It felt a little stretched, and I couldn't help but check again and again how much time was left. It would have been forgivable if the ending was good, but it was such a let-down that you couldn't help but get angrier at the other flaws. 

Overall, it was an underwhelming experience, considering how much the film had raised my expectations with the premise and the first half. However, I will admit that I started lowkey simping for Jeon Jong-seo, who plays Young-sook, because she was so delightfully crazy and amazing and I am already planning on watching her one other film because yes, she just affected me that much. Silver linings, I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)