Love (2020)

Incredibly disappointed by this one. Even though I want to appreciate the director for trying to something different (and succeeding to an extent), the overall experience leaves me very meh. The lead performance wasn't very convincing for me, and I felt it lacked a certain sense of disorientation required for the role. Also, I don't have any way to sugarcoat this, so I'll just say it- this was too boring to be a thriller. I fell asleep while watching it (yes, I saw it in the night, but isn't the whole point of a thriller like this that it doesn't let you sleep??). I did want to know what happened though, so I guess that's a good sign somehow? Anyway, I don't understand the hype around this film, and I wish I saw some honest criticism of it somewhere. That's it. 

PS- the very last "twist" was so unbelievable, even by this film's standards. Pack it up, Abbas-Mustaan lite!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)