Starter for 10 (2006)

A simple, feel-good story about a young adorable leftist James McAvoy who has his coming-of-age moment in university, supported by an excellent cast and "quirky British humour" writing: what's not to like? I honestly did not know how badly I needed to see a nerdy James McAvoy, but now that I have, there can be no turning back. I am even more in love with him than I already was. Apart from him, Catherine Tate reminded me again of why she rocks, and I couldn't stop marvelling at what a fine performer she is. Most importantly though, it was my discovery of Rebecca Hall here that made this experience even better- I came for James and Catherine, but stayed for Rebecca. Even though none of the roles were written with any discernible depth, it's the acting performances that elevated them and made them memorable. I liked Benedict Cumberbatch too, but since his character was mega annoying, I don't really want to talk about him. Also, this was one of the rare white movies with an excellent chef's kiss soundtrack. Could not have asked for anything more heartwarming and comforting in these disastrous times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aasai (1995)

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Pokiri (2006)