Kirathakudu (1986)

The one thing I will remember from this movie is Ilaiyaraaja's amazingly on-point background music. That man just never misses, it seems.

Apart from that, there's not much to say except that it was an entertaining 2.5 hours of young Chiru wilding. I swear, it was semi-cathartic to see him be the angsty youth I feel like currently. Silk Smitha ma'am was probably my favourite here: she easily outperformed everyone, and I wish she had been given more screen time and a better written character. 

The subtitles disappeared for some time while I was watching, but I honestly didn't mind. The story was chaotic enough to hold up on its own. Classic Kodandarami + Yandamuri stuff.

Finally, I just want to say that the Chiru-Suhasini pairing is one of the cutest ever. I would have enjoyed their chemistry more if the movie did not choose the "girl pls save me from myself" nonsense. Pack it up, Tamasha (2015) lite!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)