Missamma (1955)

Missamma was even better than I was expecting— I was in the mood for a proper laugh-out-loud Telugu comedy, and I got that and much more.

Firstly, ANR absolutely killed it in every scene, and halfway through the movie, I started laughing the moment he appeared on screen. The same thing happened with Savitri as well, who was the unquestioned star of the movie. Every expression of hers was priceless, and if there's a single reason why I'll rewatch Missamma, it's for her.

Jamuna was too good in the comedy scenes as well, but her dance sequences left me enthralled. Her chemistry with Savitri and NTR was brilliant, and I can't wait to watch Gundamma Katha soon to get more of it.

Also, the album: what a TREAT!! 

It'll probably sound weird, but Missamma has already started feeling like a Christmas movie to me, and I love it. The start of a new tradition, maybe. 

Oh, and this might be the perfect movie to acquaint yourself with classic Telugu cinema! So fresh and funny and relevant even now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shyam Singha Roy (2021)

Aasai (1995)

Pokiri (2006)